Wednesday 23 September 2015

IBA 2015

IBA 2015 – Looking Good.

This was my IBA number 7. This time was the first time ever I was not exhibiting my own company. This time my new business Baron Consulting was helping a Finnish company Dosetec, another very impressive business with a lot to give to the industry. Very easy to forecast nice success for Dosetec and their genius ingredient handling systems in the coming years!

I don’t know how you all saw it, but business is not looking too bad at all. There are companies that are struggling but generally speaking the atmosphere was very positive indeed. Even in one of our key markets Russia - which has been suffering from sanctions and weak ruble recently - was again showing some positive signs. Demand is there, projects are delayed, but just temporarily. Now it would be time to come up with unconventional measures to do business in Russia. We should try to think of ways to finance and support the customers now when they need it the most. Ideas please!

In Europe the frozen business keeps growing. Production plants are getting bigger and supermarket chains are coming to the field of production very strongly. These were my remarks.

Did I miss something? Innovations maybe. It seems to me that we think that the wheel has been invented and there nothing more to invent. I still see the machine manufactures advertising sales arguments like ”We Only Use Stainless Steel” or ”We Only Use the Best Components”. Is this really the best we can offer, these are not real arguments. Real arguments are ones that the customer really can benefit from. Lets try to get to the next level before the next show!

BARON CONSULTING
Mikko Lehtinen

No comments:

Post a Comment